Facts and Figures
Gatwick airport is the UK's second largest airport to Heathrow and due to it's single runway the it operates the busiest runway in the world.
Over 90 airlines are based at Gatwick with nearly 250,000 aircrafts movements a year to over 200 destinations. 32 million passengers uded the airport in 2007 split 70% Scheduled 30% Charter.
* South Terminal opened in 1958 204 check-ins
* North Terminal opened in 1988 114 check-ins
* 4100 Short Stay car parking spaces
* 29500 Long Stay car parking spaces
* One runway 3300 metres long and 45 metres wide.
* 66 piers
* 25,000 employees
* 216,000 tonnes of freight
Top ten international destinations (in order)
For some years Stansted has been increasing its share of the UK Passenger market however, 2007 saw Gatwick's airport % slightly increase with Stansted remaining static.
Please see table below.